I think we have all realized by now that I am a pretty awful blogger.
I haven’t reliably posted, ever.
But, I am going to give it another go.
So let’s start with cooking, at least that is something I can write about. Let’s start with my stew.
Jeff’s Paleo Stew
- 1.5 lbs of stew meat (Trader Joe’s sells pre-packaged pre cut stew meat)
- 1 large or 2 medium sized onions (Any Kind will do, I like Vidalia but I used Red Onions here)
- 8oz of whole White Mushroom
- 1 lb of carrots (I use baby carrots here but usually prefer rainbow carrots)
- 2 – 3 sweet potatoes or regular potatoes
- 1 quart Beef Broth
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
Collect your ingredients:
Prep your ingredients:
Cut the ends off of the onion
Cut the onion into eight wedges
Wash the mushrooms very well then slice them in half
Scrub the potatos and cut the into (approximately) 1 inch chunks
Cut carrots (if not using baby carrots) into 1 inch chunks
Put it in the cooker:
Start with a layer of about ½ of your onions
Add about ½ of your carrots
Add about ½ of your potatoes
Add about ½ of your mushrooms
Put in the two bay leaves
Put in all of your meat
Put in your garlic
Put in the rest of your vegetables
Sprinkle on all of the spices
Pour the entire quart of broth into the slow cooker (try to cover as many veggies as possible)
Give everything a quick mix
Set the slow cooker to ‘Low’ for at least 10 hours. I have set it for as long as 16 hours, the longer it cooks the more tender the meat is.
EAT YOUR CREATION: